Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chicken Fried Venison



Who doesn't love anything that is chicken fried, this is my recipe I like to use for chicken frying just about anything.

First you will need to figure out how much you are going to need to cook, this is just for the lady and my self so we don't need too much meat.






I like to soak any wild meats in buttermilk for at least 48 hours prior to cooking it. The buttermilk takes out any blood that is left in the meat which will take away that gamey taste. The buttermilk also makes the meat become really tender.





Not long ago I discovered the Louisiana brand chicken fry, it makes a really good batter. All you need to do is half is used for a dry dip and the other have the mixture is your wet dip. The directions call to add water, but I like to use milk so it makes it a much thicker batter. No more having to make an egg wash and seasoning your flour. They call it spicy but I like to think it has more of a warm flavor.


I drained as much buttermilk as I could, some will remain but it won't hurt anything. I like to use a cast iron pot to fry in because it keeps the splattering to a minimum. Before you get to frying be sure you heat up your oil to 375 degrees. I like to bread it then drop it strait into the oil.



MMMMM frying.....Depending on how thick and how crispy you like your food to be, I like to cook my meat about 3-4 minutes on each side.


While the first round is in the fryer turn your oven on to about 150 and use a cooling rack to keep your cooked meat warm and crispy. Putting fried food on a paper towel to cool only makes it soggy, now who would want that.






You can make whatever sides your heat desires, tonight I made brown gravy, macaroni and cheese, and sauteed asparagus. (finish product above)



No comments:

Post a Comment